The works for each school consist of the school building, multipurpose hall, auditorium, guard house, service yard and substation, sports courts, paving, landscaping, shaded structures, parking & boundary wall and external services infrastructure.
The buildings are reinforced concrete structures with blockwork infill. The multipurpose hall and assembly halls are covered with space frame roof structure.
Approximate built up areas per school are as follows:
|Ground Floor||6,127 m2|
|First Floor||3,428 m2|
|Total Area||9,555 m2|
|Guard Room||67 m2|
|Gardner Store||67 m2|
|Pump Room||64 m2|
|Total Area||302 m2|
The approximate overall built up area per school is 9,857 m2
Scope of Work:
Excavation, earthwork, concrete work, brick, blockwork, roofing, carpentry, joinery, structural steel work, metal work, plumbing work, eletrical installation, finishing, glazing, drainage, fencing and road works.
Each school consists of the following:
• 25 Classrooms
• 5 Laboratories
• 1 Multi-Purpose Hall
• 1 Auditorium
• 1 Assembly Hall
• 11 Services
Detailed Finish Dates, by School:
• School No. 9 – 31.10.2008
• School No. 10 – 31.10.2008
• School No. 11 – 31.10.2008
• School No. 13 – 05.01.2009
• School No. 14 – 15.01.2009
• School No. 07 – 02.02.2009
• School No. 04 – 29.07.2009
Contract Value: QAR 260,580,381
1. Construction work carried out in seven sites, at seven different locations, simultaneously.
2. High demands of the client.
3. Working on a relatively low budget.
4. Breach of contract by subcontractor (specifically Mechanical).
5. Lack of cement and related materials (concrete, blocks, precast concrete items) due to the
construction boom during the project period.
6. Delay in site hand over & landscaping issues of Schools No. 14 & 4; respectively.